Sunday 7 November 2010

The perils of a manual camera

I learnt a number of things this weekend:

a) Whatever pictures you take in film, take the same in digital if at all possible, especially if the light is beautiful and you're somewhere quite difficult to get to, e.g. the middle of bloody nowhere...
b) Places to develop film are rarely open on a Sunday, and those that are open are unlikely to have the best customer service available
c) My pentax film camera may well be broken, causing most of the filmto have 2, 3 or even 8 exposures on a single frame

Those pictures that were salvageable are shown below. If anyone has any suggestions about what might have gone wrong, please let me know! I'm much more used to digital cameras, and manual film cameras are a bit beyond my expertise, not to mention before my time (the pentax I'm using is older than I am...)








Some of the double exposures actually produced quite interesting shots. The two above are the same image, but I think each orientation highlights different aspects of the picture




Unfortunately, the multiple exposures means that almost all of the pictures taken on Marsden moor on Saturday have been lost. We took a wonderful walk around the National Trust Heritage Trail, and we couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Thankfully, a couple of the moor photographs could be saved, and I managed not to drop my cameras in when I fell up to my thighs in a bog.







                     Digital pictures from the Marsden trip to follow soon

No comments:

Post a Comment