Monday 8 November 2010

Marsden Moor - Part 1

Christopher and I, being countryside people born and bred, started getting withdrawal symptoms living in Manchester. We found on the National Trust website details of a 'Heritage Trail' walk around Marsden moor and, taking and gamble on the weather forecast, decided to go exploring. As it turned out, it was a perfect day with beautiful, crisp sunshine.


We had a lovely walk, which I thoroughly recommend to anyone in the area with walking boots and a day to kill, and got some lovely photographs. Sadly, and I've already mentioned in a previous post, the winding mechanism on my film camera seems to be malfunctioning, so most of the film photos taken haven't come out, but I had my digital camera with me too, so still managed to make the most of the lovely sunshine. Disaster very nearly struck when I fell in a bog up to my thighs, but thankfully I managed to save the cameras. The photographs are going to be put up in over a few posts, of which this is the first.







 And then the Pennine Way gave way beneath me...

2 comments:

  1. You weren't joking about that bog, were you? It only goes to show that the scenery in God's Own County is capable of fighting back... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen anyone so happy with one leg completely swallowed by sludge.

    ReplyDelete