Wednesday 2 March 2011

A Burst of Spring Colour

It seems that spring has finally arrived in Manchester and it's been lovely and sunny for the last couple of days. While flowers are rare in the city, it some crocuses have been planted on campus in University colours (purple and yellow) and I couldn't resist the opportunity to grab some pictures of them this morning. Sadly, I only had my camera phone and the focus was a little dodgy, so I applied some 'artistic effects'. Please let me know what you think, and if the weather is nice this weekend, maybe I'll get down there with a real camera...







2 comments:

  1. They look great; I'm impressed with the quality on a camera phone. Really brightened up my afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to see some colour, finally? Keeping a simple palette has helped these pictures enormously, and there's nothing wrong with a "pleasing lack of definition" in the right places! I particularly like number 4, with just the hint of yellow peeking out from behind the white and purple. You really do need to keep that Ixus in your pocket... :-)

    ReplyDelete