Sunday 9 January 2011

Flowers

Especially for my mum, who commented on my previous flower close-ups. Unfortunately, the only flowers I could find were a rather battered bunch from Tesco and the orchid from my room...







I also had a go at playing with some of the 'artistic' filters in Elements, and I really liked the cut-away effect on the rose:
Before
After

Not having access to a studio or proper lights, I had to improvise with some black and white card and what lighting I could find in the flat. Prizes (well, kudos) for guessing how these flowers were lit:



3 comments:

  1. Thank you - more good work, which livens up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas tree lights wound around a glass bowl, perhaps? Very effective, whatever it was! I love the close-up letterbox pictures - especially 2, 3, 4 and 5, which create lovely abstract graphic shapes from the flowers. Glad you're experimenting - presumably with the close-up lenses you borrowed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was fairy lights. There's a lot less light than I thought in our flat, I had to bring every lamp I could find into the kitchen! The close-up filters have come in very handy, thanks! A very reasonable substitute until I can afford a macro lens of my own...

    ReplyDelete