Friday 17 September 2010

First Post!

So, this is my first post on this blog, coincidentally also my first post on any blog. I am a blogging virgin, so to speak so here goes...


The aim of this blog is to share photographs that I've taken and I'd welcome feedback from any viewers/readers out there. My enthusiasm for photography is relatively recent, though I have grown up surrounded by photography. My father, Ian, is a very dedicated amateur photography and president of the Cambridge Camera Club (http://cambcc.org.uk/). I ought to take a moment to promote his site, photography.greenmen.org.uk


I've always had an interest in art, design and photography and have had the opportunity to try new styles and media at university, though I'm studying engineering rather than any artistic subject. I'm a member of the art society at university and have work displayed in an exhibition curated by the society starting next week. 


The exhibition is called 36exp and, as the name suggests, is based around a traditional role of photographic film. The exhibition showcases contact sheets and prints from 36 different artists, all taken on film and developed in a darkroom. The exhibition is being held from the 30th Sept to 7th Oct at the EASA Gallery, 43 Hulme St, Manchester. Come along and have a look if you're in the area. 


The photographs I'm showing in this exhibition will be up here, but only once the exhibition is finished. In fact, photographs in general will follow soon. But not right now, you'll have to be patient, sorry....


I think I have probably rambled enough now, so I'll stop. Just a reminder about the exhibition, EASA Gallery, Hulme St Manchester from 30/9 - 7/10. Also, stay tuned for photographs!

1 comment: